I knew this day was coming and here it is. So where has the time gone?
Change is inevitable.
Major transitions can be a hard change in life, you become accustom to one way of living and then everything changes and you have to learn to adjust your routine and find your new normal. Children grow up and move away from home, parents pass away, a move to a new community.
"The best way to predict your future is to create it!" Abraham Lincoln
How will you deal with your changing life? Here are a few attitudes I have learned to adopt to deal with the life changes I am experiencing.
- § Embrace the change, you have no control, you can't stop it, it's going to happen anyway.
- § Allow yourself time to grieve. Allow yourself quiet time, don't bury it with busy-ness, give yourself the gift of time for the adjustment of the newness of it.
- § Pre-anticipate the change and begin making preparations. Find ways to fill the void that will be left. Are there other interests to direct your attention towards? Is there something you have always wanted to do but were waiting for [[fill in the blank]].
- § Express your feelings; find someone who is a good listener and just share what you are experiencing.
- § Write about it. Writing creates a freedom to express yourself in the privacy of your own mind. Don't know where or how to begin, just write descriptive words it's for no ones eyes except yours, it doesn't matter how it's written.
- § Anticipate the next joy in your life and if you aren't seeing it then work to create it.
- § Find your new purpose. Get a job, change jobs, take in children, volunteer through schools, visit an assisted living facility, food kitchen. Everyone wants to be wanted and everyone wants to be needed, make a difference in someone else's life either young or old.